- Use of Service By Our Customers
When you visit the Websites or register for the Subscription Service, we may request that you provide Personal Information about yourself, and we collect Navigational Information. Your information is also collected when you:
- Buy a product or service from us (including buying products online, over the phone and in a retail store or other retail outlet) in compliance with local telecom regulations);
- Register for a specific product or service (such as registering your name and address details in compliance with local telecom regulations);
- Subscribe to newsletters, alerts or other services from us;
- Ask us for more information about a product or service or contact us with a question or complaint.
- Take part in a competition, prize draw or survey;
- Use our network and other products or services.
- Visit or browse our Website.
With your permission or consent and/or as permitted by law, we may also collect information about you from other organisations or third parties, if this is appropriate and allowed by law. These include fraud-prevention agencies, business directories, and credit reference agencies.
Your information is added to our database and this information is then used to contact you about your interest in our goods or services and interact with the company. We use mobile analytics software to allow us to better understand the functionality of our Mobile Apps on your mobile device. This software may record information such as how often you use the application, the events that occur within the application, aggregated usage, performance data, and where the application was downloaded from.
In addition to information we collect on our Websites, when you use our Mobile Apps we may also collect your city location, device model and version, device identifier (or “UDID”), OS version, and your Subscription Service credentials. We send push notifications from time to time to update you about events or promotions. We may link information we store within the analytics software to Personal Information you submit within the Mobile App. We do this to improve services we offer you and improve our marketing, analytics and site functionality.
- To Unsubscribe From Our Communications
If you no longer wish to receive such communications such ads/ marketing messages from us, you may unsubscribe by contacting our customer services team or utilize any of the opt out turning them off at the device level, or clicking on the “unsubscribe” link located on the bottom of our e-mails, or through the Contact Us page on our website or our App).you will also be able to update your communication preferences, or by sending us emails.
If you choose to unsubscribe or opt out, we will hold your contact details on file marked so that we do not contact you again. This is so that we do not contact you if your details are subsequently provided to us by a third party.
You however cannot opt out of receiving transactional emails related to your account with us or the Subscription Service.
- Corrections of Personal Information:
You may access, correct, amend, and delete your personal information or object to the processing of your personal information in writing by sending us an email.
Upon receipt of your written request and enough information to permit us to identify your personal information, we will disclose to you the personal information we hold about you, for which we may make a charge as allowed by applicable law.
We will also correct, amend or delete any personal information that you tell us is inaccurate and notify any third-party recipients of the necessary changes. You may update any information you have given to us by contacting us at our registered address.
Requests to delete personal information are subject to any applicable legal and ethical reporting or document retention obligations imposed on us.
- Information we collect
- “Personal Information”
The information we may collect about you depends on the products and services you use and subscribe to. This refers to any information that you voluntarily submit to us and that identifies you personally, including contact information, such as your name, e-mail address, company name, address, phone number, and other information about yourself or your business. Personal Information can also include information about any transactions, both free and paid, that you enter into on the Websites, and information about you that is available on the internet, such as from Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter and Google, or publicly available information that we acquire from service providers, Your contact with us – such as a note or recording of a call you make to one of our contact centres, an email or letter you send to us or other records of any contact you have with us; Your account information – such as phone number, handset type, handset model, whether you are a prepaid or post-paid customer, dates of payment owed and received, Top-Up information, the subscription services you use or any other information related to your account.
We will also get information on how you use our products and services, such as:
- The phone numbers that you call or send messages to (or the phone numbers that you receive these calls and messages from);
- The date, time and length of the calls and messages you send or receive through our network, and your approximate location at the time these communications take place;
- The level of service you receive
- Your website browsing information (which includes information about the websites you visit), and about how you use our Website on your mobile or a PC;
- The date, time and length of your internet browsing, and your approximate location at the time of browsing;
- Your location and contact list on your mobile phone when using our apps and platforms.
Personal Information also includes Navigational Information or Payment Information where such information can directly or indirectly identify an individual. Navigational information refers to information about your computer and your visits to this website such as your IP address, geographical location, browser type, referral source, length of visit and pages viewed. Please see the “Navigation Information” section below. Payment information includes We collect and process payment information from you when you subscribe to the Subscription Service, including credit cards numbers and billing information, using third party PCI-compliant service providers. Except for this, we do not collect Sensitive Information from you.
- Information we collect from third parties
From time to time, we may receive Personal Information about you from third party sources including partners with which engage in joint marketing activities, and publicly available sources such as social media websites.
- Information About Children
The Websites are not intended for or targeted at children under 16, and we do not knowingly or intentionally collect information about children under 16. If you believe that we have collected information about a child under 16, please contact us at , so that we may delete the information.
3. How We Use Information We Collect
- improve your browsing experience by personalizing the Websites and to improve the Subscription Service;
- send information or content to you which we think may be of interest to you by post, email, or other means and send you marketing communications relating to our business;
- promote use of our services to you and share promotional and information content with you in accordance with your communication preferences;
- provide other companies with statistical information about our users — but this information will not be used to identify any individual user;
- meet legal requirements.
- We may, from time to time, contact you on behalf of external business partners about a particular offering that may be of interest to you. In those cases, we do not transfer your Personal Information to the third party.
- We use the information collected through our Subscription Service by our customers for the following purposes:
- to provide the Subscription Service (which may include the detection, prevention and resolution of security and technical issues);
- to respond to customer support requests; and
- otherwise to fulfill the obligations under the Customer Terms of Service.
- Process the goods and services you’ve bought from us, and keep you updated with your order progress;
- Keep you informed generally about new products and services (unless you choose not to receive our marketing messages);
- Provide the relevant service or product to you. This includes other services not included in your agreement with us, and services that use information about where you are when using your mobile equipment (location information) and to contact you with messages about changes to the service or product;
- Contact you with offers or promotions based on how you use our products and services. These include your calling and messaging activities, location information and browsing information (unless you choose not to receive these messages);
- Bill you for using our products or services, or to take the appropriate amount of credit from you;
- To administer this Website and help us improve our services;
- Respond to any questions or concerns you may have about using our network, products or services;
- Let you know about other companies’ products and services we think may interest you (including offers and discounts we’ve specially negotiated for our customers);
- Protect our network and manage the volume of calls, texts and other use of our network. For example, we identify peak periods of use so we can try and ensure the network can handle the volume at those times;
- Understand how you use our network, products and services. That way, we can develop more interesting and relevant products and services, as well as personalising the products and services we offer you;
- Carry out research and statistical analysis including to monitor how customers use our network, products and services on an anonymous or personal basis;
- Prevent and detect fraud or other crimes, recover debts or trace those who owe us money;
- Provide aggregated reports to third parties (such reports do not contain any information which may identify you as an individual).
The information we use will include your approximate location, based on the nearest mobile cell site. As a result, this will change as you move around with your mobile phone.
We will store your information for as long as we must by law. If there is no legal requirement, we will only store it for as long as we need it.
- Sharing your personal information:
As may be permitted or authorised by law we may share information about you with Partners or agents involved in delivering the products and services you’ve ordered or used such as Partners or agents that conduct network performance and customer satisfaction surveys and any other surveys related to the products or services provided to you. Other reasons for sharing your data includes the following:
- Where applicable, credit reference, fraud prevention or business scoring agencies, or other credit scoring agencies;
- Debt collection agencies or other debt recovery organisations;
- Law enforcement agencies, regulatory organisations, courts or other public authorities if we have to, or are authorised to by law;
- Emergency services (if you make an emergency call), including your approximate location;
- We’ll release information if it’s reasonable for the purpose of protecting us against fraud, defending our rights or property, or to protect the interests of our customers;
If we’re reorganised or sold to another organisation whether by merger, acquisition, bankruptcy or otherwise, that company would receive all information gathered on the Websites and the Subscription Service. In this event, you will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our website, of any change in ownership, uses of your Personal Information, and choices you may have regarding your Personal Information.
- we may transfer any personal information we hold about you to that organisation.
- At your option, and only with your consent, we may also share your information with partner organisations we’ve chosen carefully, so they can contact you about their products and services.
- We may share, transfer or disclose the information in our databases and server logs to comply with a legal requirement, for the administration of justice, interacting with anti-fraud databases, to protect your vital interests, to protect the security or integrity of our databases or this Website, to take precautions against legal liability, or in the event of our flotation on a stock exchange, sale, merger, reorganisation, dissolution, disposal of all or part of our assets or similar event. We will inform you of any such transfer or disclosure if we are required to do so by law.
Where appropriate, before disclosing personal information to a third party, we contractually require the third party to take adequate precautions to protect that data and to comply with applicable law.
- Transfer of information:
If you are visiting this Website, the various communications might necessarily result in the transfer of certain non-prohibited information across international boundaries.
We may also need to transfer your information to other affiliates companies or service providers, in which case we will fully comply with applicable data protection legislation. Countries in the European Economic Area (EEA) are considered to have adequate data protection laws. Other countries outside the EEA may not have relevant data-protection laws, however, we will make sure that your information is protected and enter into appropriate agreements to achieve this.
- Use of Credit Card Information
If you give us credit card information, we use it solely to check your financial qualifications and collect payment from you. We use a third-party service provider to manage credit card processing. This service provider is not permitted to store, retain, or use information you provide except for the sole purpose of credit card processing on our behalf.
- Security of your Personal Information
We use a variety of security technologies and procedures to help protect your Personal Information from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. We secure the Personal Information you provide on computer servers in a controlled, secure environment, protected from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. All Personal Information is protected using appropriate physical, technical and organizational measures.
- Social Media Features
- External Websites
- Public Forums
We offer publicly accessible message boards, blogs, and community forums. In the event that you directly disclose any information through our public message boards, blogs, or forums, this information may be collected and used by others. We will correct or delete any information you have posted on the Websites if you so request, as described in “Opting Out and Unsubscribing” below.
- Retention of Personal Information
How long we keep information we collect about you depends on the type of information. as described in further detail below. After such time, we will either delete or anonymize your information or, if this is not possible, then we will securely store your information and isolate it from any further use until deletion is possible.
- We retain Personal Information that you provide to us where we have an ongoing legitimate business need to do so (for example, as long as is required in order to contact you about the Subscription Service or our other services, or as needed to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements).
- When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your Personal Information, we securely delete the information or anonymise it or, if this is not possible, then we will securely store your Personal Information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible. We will delete this information from the servers at an earlier date if you so request, as described in “To Unsubscribe from Our Communications” below.
- If you provide information to our customers as part of their use of the Subscription Service, our customers decide how long to retain the personal information they collect from you. If a customer terminates its use of the Subscription Service, then we will provide customer with access to all information stored for the customer by the Subscription Service, including any Personal Information provided by you, for export by the customer according to our agreement with our customer. After termination, we may, unless legally prohibited, delete all customer information, including your Personal Information.
- If you have elected to receive marketing communications from us, we retain information about your marketing preferences for a reasonable period of time from the date you last expressed interest in our content, products, or services, such as when you last opened an email from us or ceased using your account. We retain information derived from cookies and other tracking technologies for a reasonable period of time from the date such information was created.
- Information Security:
We have specialised security teams who constantly review and improve our measures to protect your personal information from unauthorised access, accidental loss, disclosure or destruction.
If we have a contract with another organisation to provide us with services or a service on our behalf to process your personal information, we will ensure that your information is protected and that they only process your information in the way we have authorised them to and as may be permitted by the law. These organisations will not be entitled to use your personal information for their own purposes. If necessary, our security teams will check them to make sure they meet the security requirements we have set.
Communications over the internet (such as emails) are not secure unless they have been encrypted. Your communications may go through a number of countries before being delivered – as this is the nature of the internet. We cannot accept responsibility for any unauthorised access or loss of personal information that’s beyond our control.
We’ll never ask for your secure personal or account information by unsolicited means of communication. You’re responsible for keeping your personal and account information secure and not sharing it with others.
You may choose to disclose your information in certain ways such as social plug-ins (including those offered by Google, Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest) or using third-party services that allow you to post reviews or other information publicly, and a third party could use that information.
- Anonymous data collected through this Website:
In addition to the information we collect as described above, we use technology to collect anonymous information about the use of our Website. For example, our web server automatically logs which pages of our Website our visitors view, their IP addresses and which web browsers our visitors use. This technology does not identify you personally; it simply enables us to compile statistics about our visitors and their use of our Website.
Our Website contains hyperlinks to other pages on our Website. We may use technology to track how often these links are used and which pages on our Website our visitors choose to view. Again this technology does not identify you personally – it simply enables us to compile statistics about the use of these hyperlinks.
Likewise, if you reached our Website by clicking on a link or advertisement on another website, we also log that information. This assists us to maximize our Internet exposure as well as understand the interests of our users. All of this information is collected and used only in the aggregate: it is entered into our database, where we can use it to generate overall reports on our visitors, but not reports about individual visitors.
We also use your IP address to help diagnose problems with our server and to administer our Website. An IP address is a numeric code that identifies your computer on a network, or in this case, the Internet. Your IP address is also used to gather broad demographic information. We may also perform IP lookups to determine which domain you are coming from to more accurately gauge our users’ demographics.
- Cookies and Similar Technologies
Cookies by themselves cannot be used to discover your identity. Cookies do not damage your computer or phone. You can set your browser to notify you when you receive a cookie. This enables you to decide if you want to accept it or not. If you choose not to accept cookies from our Website this may limit its functionalities or performance
- Navigational Information Collected by Our Customers
Our customers can use the tools we provide, as well as tools provided by third parties, to collect Navigational Information when you visit their webpages on the Subscription Service. We do not control our customers’ use of these tools, nor do we control the information they collect or how they use it.
- Links to other websites:
- Governing Law:
The laws of the Federal Republic of Nigeria will govern any dispute or claim arising out of or relating to your use of this Website.
online stores in Nigeria, best shopping deals